Barangaroo is a $6 billion urban renewal of 22 hectares of Sydney post-industrial foreshore.
Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority successfully steered this renewal through its entire pre-EOI planning and consultation, and established necessary rezoning and planning instruments for the site.
Barangaroo timeline and milestones achieved by the Authority
- 2004-05: Cabinet options analysis and endorsement
- 2005-06: International design competition
- 2006-08: Transfer of land ownership to the Foreshore Authority
- 2006-08: Site and remediation assessment
- 2006-07: Site rezoning, concept planning design, drafting, consultation, assessment and approval
- 2006: National naming competition and rebranding
- 2008: International marketing of the development opportunity
- 2009: Establishment of the Barangaroo Development Authority legislation and the transfer of the project to the new Authority
Transferred to the Barangaroo Delivery Authority in mid 2009, the project continues to be renewed to the land use and urban planning principles established by the Authority.
Last update: Friday 02 October 2015